19 August 2009

Defiance, Ohio - Share What Ya' Got (2004)


Tracks:
1. Hey Kathleen, Are You Hungry?
2. This Time, This Year
3. I'm Just Going To Leave Now
4. Chad's Favorite Song
5. I Don't Want Solidarity If It Means Holding Hands With You
6. Drinking Song
7. Bikes and Bridges
8. Sweet Dudes and Sweet Ladies
9. Lullabies
10. Old Dead Tree
11. Road Signs Always Look Better
12. Response to Griot


This album is probably in my top 3 favourite albums of all time. Defiance, Ohio is the band that really got me into folk-punk, and I still think they probably do it better than anyone else. Great lyrics; interesting, dynamic, songwriting. Not that the album is flawless, but it's perfect in the sense that there isn't a bad song on the album and it all flows so well. They really hit a winning formula, and I have been wishing for a new album from them since 2007. This is their debut album, and the two subsequent albums each changed the formula ever so slightly; enough to keep it fresh without changing the spirit of the band.

Defiance, Ohio, releases all their music for free on their website, but I have uploaded it here in a convenient zip file.




http://defianceohio.terrorware.com/
http://www.last.fm/music/Defiance%2C+Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment