26 March 2010

Wingnut Dishwashers Union - Burn The Earth, Leave it Behind


The newer project from Pat the Bunny, of Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains. The recording quality is a little higher than some of his past work, and theres no trumpet as per Johnny Hobo, and it has more to do with politics than drugs, but the songs are still incredible. He has a fantastic songwriting talent and manages to do so much with so little (in terms of instrumentation and complexity). It's very personality-driven music.

Recently, Pat the Bunny had this to say, on his website:

"December 6, 2009
I have entered a year long treatment program for addiction. During this time I will not be able to send or receive mail. I'm sorry to people who ordered things and did not get them. It's very unclear whether I will keep playing punk rock music when that peiod of time is over. I wish that I knew more, but nothing is certain right now. Thank you for liking songs that I wrote, and helping me not feel so alone a lot of the time.

(pat the bunny)"
So it might seem contrived of me to say so but i hope all goes well because i love the songs this man writes. One of the best folk-punk artists around, no question.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for the post, fortunately he keeps writing!

    ReplyDelete